Tuesday 7 February 2012

ONE YEAR YOUNG


It seems like yesterday when Youth and Reality breathed into life. Throughout this dozen of months, I wholeheartedly attribute its budding existence to you and that one… yes, I mean you and them.
There have been times when my mind is blank and smoked out of ideas. But just the moment despair attempts to wipe out my hope, generous young minds from across the country always bail me out with their ideas. Just like manna from heaven, I have feasted on the same to keep this column up and running.
Whoever holds on to the belief that the reading culture is slowly but surely dying among young people in the country needs to renovate their school of thought because the feedback on Youth and Reality ably proves that impression incorrect.
Personally, critical minds have helped me grow a great deal in as far as reasoning, choice and tailoring of words are concerned. I am not like yesterday,  you’ve made my today like this, and I urge you to keep up so that tomorrow makes the me of today into another yesterday….surely, that’s would amount to an incredible growth.
Dear youngsters, Youth and Reality aims at making 2012 a turning point. Youth affairs are at heart as usual and it is in that spirit that sometime this year, a book, dubbed ‘Youth & Reality’ by yours truly, is expected to be released.
Catch youth and reality every Saturday via The Weekend Nation newspaper or its website: www.mwnation.com, as well as my blog: www.rogers-siula.blogspot.com.
Guys, forget not that yesterday was once tomorrow and young as we are, let us utilise today’s opportunities to get rid of yesterday’s failures.
We are the youth, we are the reality and together, we can make this country, this life and this generation a better one.
Thanks for the support! More fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment